As a worldwide leader in providing medical safety products and services to commercial airlines, corporate aviation, yachts and similar industries, MedAire is experiencing strong growth in all of its market segments. As a result, a number of dynamic, new employment opportunities for a variety of professional positions are becoming available.
Team players with strong customer service backgrounds are finding tremendous success in building their professional careers within our fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
View all career openings within International SOS.
Assistant Operations Manager
Overall Purpose Of The Job
Responsible for ensuring that MedLink and Global Response Center service levels are maintained, monitored and reduce abandoned calls, ensure shift coordination and reduce overflow calls. Closely monitor and work to reduce doctor response times at MedLink. Serve as the point of contact for escalated customer service issues. Works with the Head Of Assistance and Operations Manager to manage the schedule and reduce overtime. Shares rotating Resource-On-Call responsibilities with other designated Global Services staff members. Shares responsibility for first-line supervision, direction, and support of MedAire’s Communication Specialist Executives in the MedLink and Global Response Center location.
- Service Delivery
- Actively leads the transmission process and provides guidance and direction.
- Actively monitors service levels and call abandonment rates and drives improvements as required.
- Actively takes part in service delivery by taking overflow calls, managing cases and supporting both the Medlink and Global Response Center’s operations delivery.
- Provides expert technical and case management for sensitive, high profile cases.
- Acts as a point of technical expertise for the Team and provides guidance and advice to the Team when required.
- Ensure the Operations Manager and Medical Director are fully and regularly briefed on issues and big/complex cases, which may impact service delivery and Company reputation.
- Functions as Resource-On-Call as directed.
- Assist with monitoring the quality of data input into the Case Management System and ensure feedback to staff.
- Assist with the investigation of complaints and document accordingly.
- Staff management and supervision
- In conjunction with Department Managers manage and positively motivate staff on a one-to-one and team basis ensuring that they are trained on their duties and apprised of their performance.
- Manages the capability and performance of the Team. Undertake monthly one-to-one counseling sessions with Team members and identify and ensure training requirements are met.
- Identifies Team/Individual Issues that need addressing and take appropriate proactive action, including feedback from daily transmissions.
- In conjunction with Management Teams, ensure appropriate staff coverage at all times.
- Support the Medaire Operations Manager with call and case reviews with Team members on a monthly basis per the Alarm Center Standards.
- Deputize the Operations Manager when and as required.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Maintain all client information which may be encountered either directly or indirectly while in the performance of the job in strict confidence in accordance with HIPAA and/or any other pertinent confidentiality regulations.
- Professional Verbal and Written Communication.
- Problem Solving.
- Time Management.
- Proven Competency with Use of Various Software Packages, E.G. Word Process, Spreadsheet, Database Programs.
- Demonstrated Effective Interpersonal, Customer Service, Analytical, Problem Solving, and Communication Skills Including Verbal, Written, and Group Presentation Capabilities.
Required Work Experience
- Customer/Client Focused.
- Initiative and Takes Ownership.
- Team Player.
- Previous Experience as A Medaire Communication Specialist Executive Preferred.
- Previous Experience In A Call Or Response Center Environment Preferred.
- Customer Focus - Documented Customer Service Experience Required. Minimum One Year Demonstrated Effective Customer Service Or Response Center Experience.
- 2 Years Of College (Associate's Degree)
- Must Be Able To Sit For Extended Periods.
- Must Be Able To Use Hands.
- Must Be Able To Speak And Hear Utilizing Telephones And Headsets.
- Must Be Able To Read Computer And Written Documents.
- Office Environment; The Noise Level Is Usually Moderate And Involves Working In The Environment
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking skills).
- Spanish and/or any other language would be an advantage.
Travel / Rotation Requirements
Day Or Night Schedule Can Vary.
To be considered for one of MedAire's open positions, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax to 480-333-3822. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your submission.
MedAire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Our Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
MedAire is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action at all levels throughout the company. MedAire is committed to:
- Provide equal opportunity in all employment decisions (such as compensation, benefits, transfers, leaves, returns from leave, company-sponsored training, education, education reimbursement and social and recreational programs) for all qualified applicants and team members, without regard to race, color, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
- Recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job titles, without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
- Promote effective use of all team members, minorities, women, and those with disabilities among them, through a positive, continuing affirmative action program at all levels throughout the company.