As a worldwide leader in providing medical safety products and services to commercial airlines, corporate aviation, yachts and similar industries, MedAire is experiencing strong growth in all of its market segments. As a result, a number of dynamic, new employment opportunities for a variety of professional positions are becoming available.
Team players with strong customer service backgrounds are finding tremendous success in building their professional careers within our fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
View all career openings within International SOS.
Sales Account Manager, Commercial Aviation
Directly responsible for meeting/exceeding territory sales and customer satisfaction targets in the commercial aviation segment by proactively identifying and closing up-selling opportunities, renewing existing clients, and responding to client requests in a timely and effective manner to ensure optimal client satisfaction. The account manager will primarily be measured by his/her achievement or over achievement of budgeted key renewals and up-sell opportunities. Gross profit targets as well as other related KPI’s will also be set annually.
• Meet or exceed assigned new business sales quota.
• Meet or exceed assigned sales revenue targets.
• Generate proposals, pricing and contract negotiation, issuance of contracts and distribution of collateral for assigned territory.
• In conjunction with the Director of Commercial Aviation, implement a client visit plan and maximize face-to-face client sales time by arranging and facilitating support resources in an effective manner to drive client retention, renewal and successful account extension.
• Use of internal sales system to maintain and report client/prospect data and to continuously evaluate progress within the client group against pipeline, revenue and profit targets, client plans, and take action with the Director, Commercial Aviation and Sales Managers as required.
• Managing renewal of existing accounts and cross sell/up sell the range of services/products available.
• Maintain accurate account information in the customer data base-CRM.
• Participate in pipeline reviews and work with Director, Commercial Aviation to identify gaps and help set and execute sales strategy.
• Responsible for ensuring timely and effective problem resolution for assigned client base.
• Responsible for all administrative and financial activities involving clients including timely receipt of territory’s accounts receivables, renewals, contract review and pricing.
• Identify and drive process changes that specifically improve our client service levels.
• Assist in setting up/arranging and/or attending industry events (Seminars, Trade Shows) as required by business needs.
• Attend and document sales and professional development training.
• Develop a strong network of colleagues and contacts within the organization to gain respect and trust for effective collaboration and cross selling.
• Support the global response center during crisis situations.
• Proactively reach out to clients throughout the year to continually strengthen relationships.
• Maintain all client information which may be encountered either directly or indirectly while in the performance of the job in strict confidence and in accordance with HIPAA and/or any other pertinent confidentiality regulations.
• Remain current in understanding and application of MedAire’s ISO 9001:2010 processes and provide assistance as required in tasks associated with MedAire maintaining its ISO certification.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge
• Good knowledge of the International Aviation and the Health and Travel Assistance Market a plus.
• Strong consultative/solution and value selling skills, results driven sales skills and the ability to close high level account renewals.
• Strong strategic lead generation skills.
• Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and time management skills with the ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously and drive change.
• Understanding of process improvement with the ability to lead implementation of change.
• Adaptable to constant change.
• Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
• Cultural sensitivity and awareness. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment where consensus is the norm.
• Customer Orientation
• Results Orientation.
• Persuading and Influencing.
• Planning and Organizing.
• Team work and Commitment to excel.
• Resilient, resourceful, optimistic and energetic.
• Strong sense of accountability and ability to work under pressure.
• Able to work in an open environment with moderate noise level.
Required Work Experience
• At least 2+ years experience in direct B2B solution/consultative selling experience in the aviation industry.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in sales or account management or customer service.
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills including but not limited to the ability to present to groups and to interpret and summarize complex written materials.
• Demonstrated effective problem solving, interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing various CRM and software programs (example Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Salesforce.com)
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
• English proficiency.
• Spanish a plus.
Travel / Rotation Requirements
• Both domestic and international travel as required to perform duties.
To be considered for one of MedAire's open positions, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
or fax to 480-333-3822. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your submission.
MedAire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Our Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
MedAire is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action at all levels throughout the company. MedAire is committed to:
- Provide equal opportunity in all employment decisions (such as compensation, benefits, transfers, leaves, returns from leave, company-sponsored training, education, education reimbursement and social and recreational programs) for all qualified applicants and team members, without regard to race, color, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
- Recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job titles, without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
- Promote effective use of all team members, minorities, women, and those with disabilities among them, through a positive, continuing affirmative action program at all levels throughout the company.