As a worldwide leader in providing medical safety products and services to commercial airlines, corporate aviation, yachts and similar industries, MedAire is experiencing strong growth in all of its market segments. As a result, a number of dynamic, new employment opportunities for a variety of professional positions are becoming available.
Team players with strong customer service backgrounds are finding tremendous success in building their professional careers within our fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
View all career openings within International SOS.
Head of Account Management, Business and General Aviation
Overall Purpose Of The Job (Brief description of the primary purpose of this position)
Responsible for leading a team of Sales Account Managers in providing excellent client service to their assigned client base while assuring the department meets or exceeds revenue goals. This position develops strategies to enhance team performance and oversees the daily workflow of activities to include tracking sales team metrics and reporting data to leadership on a regular basis. As a member of the management team, this position will lead and represent BGA Sales Account Management in cross-functional team meetings to drive results and improve processes and procedures.
Key Responsibilities (Critical responsibilities and skills of this position)
- Generation and delivery oversight of sales plans to meet/exceed budget.
- Overall responsibility for effective account renewal and extension activities in line with overall sales strategy and goals.
- Thorough understanding of the Sales Incentive Plan in order to set clear objectives.
- Able to execute corrective measures when performance deviates from plan, this will include driving solutions and generating ideas for sales contests and motivational initiatives.
- Hire high performing sales team, train new team members, and coach and develop direct reports
- Manage day-to-day performance of direct reports, conduct timely performance reviews and as needed implement performance plans in line with company policy.
- Ensure proper communication and overall alignment of goals and strategies between BGA Account Managers, Sales Managers, in partnership with finance.
This will be achieved through:
- Mid month reporting review, variance to budget/quota
- Ownership and delivery of a monthly reporting dashboard
- Bi-weekly review with team against budget
- Quarterly review of qualitative metrics
- Solicit feedback from team’s key clients to assess customer service delivery.
- Meet or exceed all assigned team invoiced sales.
- Collaborate with the Director to monitor and report financial updates for senior management team.
- Embody company culture and maintain high sales employee engagement.
- Demonstrate proficiency using CRM and other sales applications, including the maintenance and reporting of client/prospect data.
- Train and ensure adherence to sales process.
- Remain current in understanding of MedAire’s ISO 9001:2008 processes and provide assistance as required in tasks associated with MedAire’s maintaining its ISO certification.
- Responsible for timely receipt of BGA accounts receivables, in accordance with company and departmental guidelines.
- Maintain all client information which may be encountered either directly or indirectly while in the performance of the job in strict confidence in accordance with HIPAA and/or any other pertinent confidentiality regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge (Brief description of technical knowledge or skills needed to perform the job)
- Good knowledge of the Business Aviation and/or Health and/or Travel Assistance Market.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills with the ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously and drive change.
- Team building skills.
- Understanding of process improvement with the ability to lead implementation of change.
- Adaptable to constant change.
- Problem solving.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment.
Required Competencies (Critical behaviors necessary to successfully perform the job)
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Delegation – able to achieve results through others
- Persuading and Influencing.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Leadership and Commitment to excel.
- Resilient, resourceful, optimistic and energetic.
- Strong sense of accountability and ability to work under pressure.
Required Work Experience (Brief description of the job-related experience needed to perform the job)
- At least 5+ years experience in direct B2B solution/consultative selling experience – Aviation industry a plus.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in sales or account management.
- 3 to 5 years experience leading and managing a sales team.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills including but not limited to the ability to present to groups and to interpret and summarize complex written materials.
- Demonstrated effective problem solving, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing various CRM and software programs (example Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Salesforce.com)
- Advanced excel skills
Required Qualifications (Brief description of the educational background needed to perform the job)
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
Required Languages (Brief description of the language skills needed to perform the job)
Travel / Rotation Requirements (Brief description of any travel or rotation requirements)
- Both domestic and international travel may be required.
- 25% travel expected.
To be considered for one of MedAire's open positions, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
or fax to 480-333-3822. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your submission.
MedAire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Our Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
MedAire is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action at all levels throughout the company. MedAire is committed to:
- Provide equal opportunity in all employment decisions (such as compensation, benefits, transfers, leaves, returns from leave, company-sponsored training, education, education reimbursement and social and recreational programs) for all qualified applicants and team members, without regard to race, color, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
- Recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job titles, without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
- Promote effective use of all team members, minorities, women, and those with disabilities among them, through a positive, continuing affirmative action program at all levels throughout the company.