We are currently searching for an International Operations Coordinating Nurse (RN) to join our Global Response Center located in Phoenix, Arizona.
Join the team at MedAire and apply your skills to help us grow our business by serving the needs of our clients and their customers. Coordinating Nurses are responsible for the delivery of professional and effective medical assistance for all clients of MedAire to the highest standards of excellence in conjunction with the Response Center Doctors and Communications Specialist Executives.
Join our team and Work with other Response Center employees in providing travel assistance to clients.
The International Operations Coordinating Nurse is responsible for managing the routine medical activity associated with client requests for services. Coordinates, as necessary interactions between clients, physicians, hospitals and various ancillary medical providers to affect a positive case outcome.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Telephonically provide pre-travel and evacuation medical assistance in response to customer inquiries, including but not limited to: coordination of medical evacuation services and/or provision of health and travel information to clients, case management, gate screens.
- Review case records and report results to evaluate quality of services delivered in compliance with specified criteria.
- Effective customer service and telephone skills.
- Basic level competency with use of personal computer and various software packages
- Demonstrated triage experience.
Effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
Effective prioritization and critical thinking skills.
- Effective management of stress tolerance.
- Minimum 3 years recent experience in ICU or ER or related medical experience to be reviewed and approved by the Medical Director.
- Previous flight experience, telephone triage, aviation, maritime, and/or international assistance experience preferred.
- Must possess current Registered Nurse license in state of Arizona or be able to obtain such license. Must at least show proof of application for a temporary license and must obtain such within 2 weeks of employment and must furnish proof of permanent AZ licensure within 4 months of start date to maintain employment.
- Must possess current ACLS
- Effective written communication skills in English with additional language capabilities preferred.
Experience with ER, ICU, Triage etc a plus
Customer Service Oriented
Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize
Ability to provide clear and concise written updates
Portuguese and Spanish highly preferred
MedAire offers a great work environment, 3-day workweeks, excellent pay, competitive benefits (including full medical, PTO, and 401(k) retirement plan with 100% employer match).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. MedAire, Inc. takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.